Patient & Visitor Guide for Southeastern Medical Center
Welcome to Our Hospital in Cambridge, Ohio
Our Patient Advocate Program
While we are of course dedicated to our patients and our associates, we understand that a dedication to our visitors is also very important. That is why we do the best we can to accommodate visitors as much as possible.
When you are here supporting a loved one, you can escape for a little while in our peaceful gift shop or grab a bite at Café Cambridge. In the more serious times, you can talk to our chaplain, gain some solitude in our meditation room, or request a visit with our patient experience coordinator.
We understand the importance of family and friends to a patient’s recovery. Visiting hours may vary for some units based on the patient’s condition and needs.
Families should speak to the patient’s nurse to determine the most appropriate visitation schedule.
Visitor Policy Changes Due to COVID-19: Be sure to view the Visitor Restrictions and Mask Use section of our COVID-19 policy updates for the latest visitor guidelines. If you have any questions, call our care site for more information.
- Shirt and shoes are required for visitors in all areas of the hospital.
- Visitors may be requested not to visit if they demonstrate signs and symptoms of infections.
- Visitor overnight stays are to be approved by a charge nurse, patient care coordinator or unit director and are only granted when a patient’s condition warrants. Overnight visitors must be at least 18 years of age.
- Members of the clergy may visit at any time, upon the request of the patient or family.
- Smoking is not permitted inside or outside Southeastern Medical Center, or any other OhioHealth hospital.